Stay Back Option
Two Year Permission under the Third Level Graduate Scheme Permission
This allows non-EU/EEA students who have graduated from Irish higher education institutions to remain in Ireland for up to 24 months to seek employment.
To be eligible for a two-year permission under the third level graduate scheme, a student is required to have:
- an award granted by a recognised Irish awarding body, for example, Dublin Institute of Technology, Irish universities, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Institutes of Technology with delegated authority).
- Students are eligible for scheme if they have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree
- Employers can hire graduates who are eligible to work for up to 40 hours per week.
- You must have a valid GNIB card which will be extended for up to 24 months
When should you apply for the Third Level Graduate Scheme:
- You apply, after your results issue, to the GNIB office. You must:
- Provide a letter from the university or college you attended indicating you have obtained your examination results and are eligible to graduate
- Have a valid passport
- Have your GNIB Card
- Pay €300 by credit/debit card.
- After 24 months, you may be eligible for the Green Card or Work Permit Scheme.