Ireland is the European hub to over 1,000 leading multinational companies! Companies who require a skilled, educated and highly capable workforce to drive their success chose to locate in Ireland.
Over 1,000 FDI giants in ICT, Social Media, Pharmaceuticals and Finance have made Ireland the hub of their European operations, with names such as Google, HP, Apple, IBM, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pfizer, GSK and Genzyme.
- Ireland continues to attract a huge amount of foreign direct investment (FDI), in fact, Ireland is the second most attractive country globally for FDI - after Singapore
- Apart from a strong foreign owned multinational sector, Ireland also has vibrant indigenous industries. Companies competing on the world stage including CRH, Smurfit Kappa, DCC, Glen Dimplex, Greencore, Kingspan, NTR and Paddy Power.
- Half of the medical technology companies in Ireland are Irish and there is a vibrant software sector exporting mainly to the UK and the US.
- Ireland has a natural competitive advantage in the food and drinks sector.
- Ireland is the largest exporter of beef in Europe and fourth largest in the world, in fact one in five beef burgers eaten daily in McDonald’s restaurants across Europe is made from Irish beef!