Why Study at Dublin Institute of Technology?
- DIT is one of Ireland’s largest publicly funded doctoral awarding higher education institutions.
- DIT specialises in developing graduates for productive leadership roles both nationally and internationally.
- DIT offers 150 programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels in its colleges; Arts & Tourism, Business, Engineering & Built Environment and Sciences & Health.
- With students from over 85 different countries around the world, you are guaranteed a multicultural experience in the heart of Dublin, Ireland’s capital city.
- The core values reflected in DIT’s mission emphasise student-centred learning, useful knowledge, rigorous processes of discovery and critical enquiry and support entrepreneurship and diversity.
With a distinctive approach to teaching and learning, DIT's programmes of study are underpinned by a strong and constant commitment to the enhancement of quality. This incorporates practice-based learning, research using real-life issues, internships in the community or industry, volunteering and study abroad opportunities. With small class sizes, students enjoy a close working relationship with fellow students and academic supervisors.
Our research activities are strongly focused on problem-solving, social and technological development and on innovation that advances human knowledge and that makes real impacts on society and the economy.
Close engagement locally and internationally with society and the economy, and active collaborative links with a range of world-class corporations and academic institutions are essential components in everything DIT does. In addition to many institutional bilateral links, DIT is a member of the European University Association (EUA) and the International Association of Universities (IAU).
Being a student in DIT is not all about study – we have almost 150 sports clubs and societies that offer everything from drama to soccer so you can pursue your interests and participate in sports while studying. Located in the centre of Dublin, students enjoy a vibrant and diverse cultural experience. As a UNESCO designated City of Literature, European City of Science (2012), home of all major sporting associations and European headquarters for many blue-chip corporations, Dublin has something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to DIT and becoming part of our community.