EU fees are based on how long you have lived there. A passport or citizenship does not mean you automatically qualify for these fees.
To qualify for EU fees, you must fulfil one or more of the following:
- You must live in the EU all the time and have worked full-time there for three of the five years immediately before admission;
- You must have a passport from an EU state and have received full-time further or higher education in the EU for three of the five years immediately before admission; or
Applications from children of:
- EU Government officials living abroad,
- semi-state officials who are sent to work for a while in countries outside the EU,
- volunteer development workers, and
- certain EU officials as approved by the Department of Foreign Affairs
All other applications are considered to be non-EU applications.